What to Include:
- Transcripts of all schools attended.
- Three recommendation letters.
- A Personal Statement
- Explain your motivation and provide some understanding to your application materials.
- The MFM program follows NCSU guidelines for the TOEFL and IELTS:
TOEFL 80 with minimum 18 for each section or IELTS 6.5 with minimum 6.5 for each section.
However, a TOEFL score of 90 (minimum 19 for each section) or a IELTS score of 7.0 (minimum 7.0 for each section) is preferred.
- TOEFL Codes; School 5496, Dept. 72.
Visit the following page for more information:
– NCSU Graduate School Admission Policies.
Questions About Cost:
Qualified Candidates Should Have:
- A GPA of at least 3.0 (out of 4.0) in the sciences required; overall GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred.
- A strong undergraduate mathematics background, including
- Calculus (NCSU MA 141/241/242),
- Differential Equations (NCSU MA 341 and 401)
- Linear Algebra (NCSU MA 405)
– Students that do not satisfy these requirements may be admitted contingent on completion of additional courses.
– For other skills, including programming, probability theory, accounting, etc. you are strongly recommended to attend the summer II preparation program.
- Work experience is not required, but can be beneficial.
To be considered for scholarships, the full applications should be submitted by December 31st.
Full Consideration Deadline for fall admission is January 31st
- Applications received by January 31st are preferred, but applications are considered at any time. (The Graduate School Priority Deadline applies to students requiring a visa).
- Full unconditional admission is usually granted only for the Fall term.
- Spring or summer could be used to complete courses you should have taken before starting the program.